Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

30 Before 30

As part of my university postgraduate studies, because (ironically) the university insists on wasting my time, I had to do a survey on 'time management skills'. We were then rated from 1-10, and told what we could improve on. Apparently, I need to improve my goal setting. I find this incredibly strange given that I am the biggest list writer I know- I get great satisfaction out of writing lists of things to do and crossing them off. 

I have decided however to compile a '30 before 30' list, that is, a list of things to have done by the time I turn 30. I have no doubts this list will be redundant in a few years (and I still won't be 30), but it might be fun to look back on. So here goes:
1. Own my own house / townhouse / apartment. 

2. Decorate my abode with lovely retro and vintage funds, but with a modern functional touch.

3. Learn how to sew, using my very own sewing machine (which I do not yet own).

4. Go skiing or snowboarding.

5. Do some psychology units at university or at least read some books on the subject.

6. Visit the USA, specifically NY and some little interesting redneck towns.

7. Sift through Californian flea markets and find some treasures.

8. Visit Japan, when the cherry blossoms are in flower.

9. Play in a womens soccer team.

10. Go on some roadtrips, explore more of Australia.

11. Visit the Kimberley region of Australia.

12. Visit Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory.

13. Lie on a beach in Thailand.

14. Take a pole dancing lesson.

15. Consult with a personal stylist / colour analyst.

16. Take a professional makeup class.

17. Go camping.

18. Learn karate, or another martial art.

19. Refurbish some furniture, adding my own touches

20. Write my will (morbid? well yes, but necessary too)

21. Do some volunteer work.

22. Learn how to do my hair so that it looks professional. 

23. Become more empathetic, and a better listener.

24. Negotiate a salary/pay rise.

25. Change a flat tyre.

26. Learn how to poach an egg properly.

27. Get married.

28. Plan a big party for my 30th, to celebrate in style.

29. Decide what I want to do with my life, and where I am headed.

30. Be content.

So there you have it. If I can say I'm content at 30, with life and love and everything - that would be the dream.

I probably won't be posting for the next few days - I have some work related travel to do, and I have decided to spend the weekend in Sydney to do a little exploring afterwards. This means I will have some interesting Sydney insights to share, no doubt :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...