Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sick Pets & Lack of Sleep

On Monday our dog had to have an operation. We picked her up at about 6pm after she had the operation at 4:30pm- and she was still totally out of it from the anesthetic. All evening she was walking around crying/whining, she was restless and wouldn't lie down, tripped over her own feet, almost walked into walls, swayed and her back legs were shaking. It was so sad and scary to watch.

I kept trying to take her outside to go to the bathroom and finally succeeded in getting her to do her business at about 11:30pm. She spent the night pacing around and whining, and when she had somewhat recovered she started barking. My poor sister had to sleep on a mattress downstairs with her like this, as it was the only way to calm her down:


In short, she has kept us both up the past 2 nights and I am now exhausted. She was obviously feeling better last night because she went and slept on the couch, which she absolutely knows she is not allowed to do.

She's not a young dog, and I think this episode made us all think about what will happen when the inevitable happens... Pets bring so much joy to our lives, but the flipside is that they are then sorely missed.

I hope you're all having a good week. I haven't forgotten to draw the winners of my latest giveaway (which ended almost 2 weeks ago)... well I did forget, but now I've remembered and I just need to find the time :-)

5 comments:

  1. My dog is 13 and I live in fear of the inevitable every single day =( Enjoy their company while it lasts, hope she gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing. I know what you mean. My girl is 15 this year, and the thought of losing her terrifies me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just commented tonight how much we love and adore our dogbOllievand that we can't ever imagine him not being around... It's not even worth thinking about. Glad yours is feeling better. Giulia. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, the poor girl :( Hoping she feels better soon and you can all get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...